There are so many diets these days, that you would probably need at least a lifetime to try them all. But not all of these regimens are really healthy. There have been lots of discussions about WHAT people should eat, but not so many about WHEN they should eat.
The concept of intermittent fasting has been a daily debate in the notorious world of nutrition. And has all the pros to be in people’s attention. If you really want to lose fat, this fasting is a great tool.
But how do the periods of not eating in a day really work on burning the fat? This article will define, in simple words, the concept of intermittent fasting, the advantages for the body and mind, along with some tips about drinking tea while fasting, best teas for fasting and other adjuncts in this diet.
What is intermittent fasting?
During the years, people have always been interested in how to increase body metabolism to reduce fat.
The word “fasting” means the action of reducing, even abstaining from some kinds of drinks and foods. In the past, the concept of fasting was associated with purification, which was so popular in many religions.
So, the fasting periods, in which people should not eat were often named “detoxifications” or “cleanses”. In the days or hours, while not eating, people thought their soul purifies, and also their bodies are clearing from toxins. Speaking in non-medical terms is not very far from the actual truth.
Now, intermittent fasting is one of the most popular concepts of fasting. The best part of this “diet”? It provides lots of health benefits and it is more than a diet. Fasting is actually a lifestyle.
You can take it as an eating pattern, which alternates between periods of fasting and then feasting spans. If you need more proof that this regime actually works, you should know that people’s interest in this diet increased by 10000% since 2010.
What do you need to do while intermittent fasting?
Until now, we have agreed that intermittent fasting is a powerful hack for losing weight in a shorter period of time than people imagine. This happens because they will change their way of eating for a long period of time. What happens is that fasting reduces the number of calories you would probably eat in a normal day, and also rewire the metabolism, in order to perform better.
There are multiple intermittent fasting protocols, but one of most popular methods, tells you to eat all the food your body needs in a day during a shorter period of time. But what does this mean?
Well, as I’ve said, there are many ways to do intermittent fasting, but the most common ones involve eating during a 6 to 8-hour window, and fasting the remaining 14 to 16 hours. For instance, you can eat from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. During the remaining 16 hours of the day, you should not consume any food, but only no-calorie beverages, such as water, black coffee or tea.
It might sound hard to do but is not so bad, especially if you add coffee or a fasting tea to keep the hunger away. We will cover the topic of our intermittent fasting tea down below.
All in all, this type of diet does not provide food restrictions, but actually assigns the hours when you can eat. However, nutritionists recommend people to eat healthy meals, rich in nutrients.
How do you lose weight while fasting?
There are different types of fasting, but I will not focus on that now, because people are mostly interested in what to eat to lose belly fat fast and other scientific topics.
All of the types of fasting respect the same rule: you need to split the day or the week into strict fasting intervals. It is really important to keep in mind that while fasting, meaning those periods while not eating anything, no-calorie intake is allowed. Drink as much water as you want but help yourself to black coffee or tea while fasting.
The Fat-Burning benefits of Intermittent Fasting
There is no doubt that the Intermittent Fasting diet has amazing benefits over the fat burn. Here are the most relevant advantages of this popular diet:
- Lower insulin levels: while fasting, you boost your adiponectin levels. This helps restore insulin sensitivity to prevent another weight gain and also diabetes. Lowered insulin is the key your body needs to make the perfect switch to burning stored fat, instead of glucose.
- Kickstart ketosis: intermittent fasting provides a shortcut to the fat-burning state. For instance, once the body drains glucose, which is the primary source of our energy, it will be forced to burn through its fat reserves for energy. This process is called ketosis. The ketosis process improves blood chemistry, reduces inflammation and also helps a lot in the process of losing fat and weight.
- Improves cholesterol: The intermittent fasting diet has a great impact on the cholesterol. In the periods of fasting, the levels of LDL and VLDL cholesterol, which are the bad ones, are decreasing considerably. It is true, improving the cholesterol won’t directly lead to weight loss. But it will make you more healthy. People who have these 2 types of bad cholesterol have higher chances of cardiovascular risk.
- Boosts metabolism: intermittent fasting is a great booster for fat, protein and glucose metabolism. While boosting the metabolism, you will burn many more calories throughout the day, even while resting in bed. Also, by fasting, you are increasing the levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline, these hormones which help the body free up more stored energy. Here we are talking about getting rid of the body fat, during a fast diet.
- Reduce inflammation: once your body is reducing the inflammation, this is a boost to losing weight. By intermittent fasting, you decrease the oxidative stress and inflammation across all the body. You will also reduce the risk of major illnesses, such as Alzheimer’s and cancer. Intermittent fasting is not a diet, is a life-changer, a way of living and improving health.
Additional intermittent fasting hacks to increase the weight loss
Ok, so far so good. We established that while fasting, it’s important not to consume any calories and also that in those 8 hours of eating, it is important to stay away from food that is rich in sugar.
If you want to increase the fat loss, you can follow this easy guideline. Here are some of the supplements to get while intermittent fasting:
- Drink intermittent fasting tea: this special tea from IF Tea Company is one of the best herbal teas for intermittent fasting. Each bag of tea contains over 7 grams of 12 organic ingredients known to suppress appetite. IF Tea can help increase the energy, reduce appetite, improve metabolism and digestion, improve focus and cognition and also gut health.
- Instead of breakfast, drink a nice cup of black coffee: don’t skip the first meal of the day, but replace it with the magic black beverage. Coffee is known to reduce the sensation of hunger, while nourishing the body with good fats.
- Eat low-carb: while following the intermittent fasting diet restricting carbs can help enhance positive weight loss by shifting the body into fat-burning ketosis.
- Choose the right fats: for losing weight, it’s mandatory to eat high-quality proteins, and also lots of vegetables. Try to make snacking on items high in sugar an infrequent habit – one of the great things about intermittent fasting is being able to eat more of what you want, but if the goal is to lose weight, you may want to try preparing some healthy options ahead of time. This way, you will make sure you will eat less carbs and junk food.
As you can see, adopting this kind of lifestyle that will not only help with extra pounds but can also offer you a more healthy way of living.
However, you should be aware that intermittent fasting is not suited for absolutely anyone. Its always recommended to consult your doctor or professional before deciding to make any drastic diet changes. Anyone with low blood sugar or are on beta-blockers or diabetic medication, should not follow the intermittent fasting. Also, pregnant women or breastfeeding ones, children and anyone with eating disorders should not try intermittent fasting.