Protein nourishes our body and helps in growth and synthesis. Protein are classifies into different groups and types. In this blog we will discuss about whey proteins and what are the health benefits of whey protein. Read the blog to know more about Whey protein.
Whey protein is a mixture of globular protein. They are extracted from whey, the liquid material excreted out as the by-product of cheese production. They are commonly sold in market as dietary supplement and used as protein shake for body building purpose. This protein is responsible for milk allergy. Whey is left over when milk is coagulated during the process of cheese production, and contains everything that is soluble from milk. Whey can be denatured by high heat. Heat denatured whey can also cause allergy to some people. Whey protein is 80% of casein protein found in milk. They are independent of pH values. Whey protein is found in four different forms- Concentrated whey protein, isolated whey protein, hydrolysate whey protein and native whey protein. Whey is left over when milk is coagulated during the process of cheese production, and contains everything that is soluble from milk. Isolated whey proteins are processed to remove the fat, and lactose, but are usually lower in bioactivated compounds as well — they are 90%+ protein by weight. Like whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates are mild to slightly milky in taste. Hydrolysates whey proteins are predigested and partially hydrolysed for the purpose of easier metabolizing, but their cost is generally higher. Highly hydrolysed whey protein may be less allergenic than other forms of whey. Native whey protein is the purest form of whey protein which has been extracted from skim milk and not a byproduct of cheese production, produced as a concentrate and isolate. Let however it is, whey protein has lots of health benefits. Read the blog to know more about the health benefits of whey proteins.
Whey protein composition
Whey protein is a mixture of the following:
- Bovine serum albumin
Health benefits of whey protein
- Whey protein helps to lose fat and preserves and tightens the muscles. Consuming whey protein helped to diminish a wholesome amount of fat in human body.
- Whey protein is very good in body building purpose. It increases the shape and size of your body giving you an attractive posture. Don’t just hit the gym floor. Drink whey protein shakes as a supplement too along with workouts to get a toned muscular body.
- Whey protein even reduces hunger. Studies have found out that men drinking whey protein supplement reduced their hunger appetite in few hours than men drinking other protein supplements.
- Whey protein when tested was found to have anti-canceral properties.
- Whey protein Is even found useful to lower the cholesterol level in body. Just in 12 weeks you can see transparent results.
- Asthma curing protein. Whey protein improves children’s immune system which causes asthma. Whey protein supplement can thus sure asthma in children.
- Whey protein reduced the risk of cardiovascular diseases and also maintains a proper balance in blood pressure.
- Whey protein is a stress coping protein. Consuming whey protein is found to lower stress in human. They bring in change in brain serotonin and are better supplements to reduce stress than stress relieving kills and anti-anxiety pills.
- People who are struggling to build muscular figure, whey protein is a blessing to them.
Though whey protein has many health benefits, there are some side effects of whey protein like headaches, nausea, fatigues, cramps,. Stomach pains and reduced appetite. These can occur due to high consumption of whey protein. Although whey protein will not cause any side effects if you consume it in limited amount and that if you do not have any milk allergies or dairy allergies.