Your nutrition expert always recommends you to eat in intervals and never to keep your stomach empty. And this is a true fact that you should never keep your stomach empty. Like empty brain is a devil’s workshop, Empty stomach is devil’s place to grow. And who is this devil? Diseases. We generally live upon a wrong conception that eat when you feel hungry and do not want when you are not. But do you know how much empty harms you? Empty stomach does not lead to weight loss. Hence there are various diet cycles which hold on restriction to your calorie intake. Such diet is called Intermittent fasting or IF.
Intermittent fasting or IF is a term used for a various diet plan which entertain between a period of fasting and non-fasting. It is used along with calorie restriction weight loss plans. Fasting generally allows small amount of consumption of calorie like tea, coffee or juices. One form of intermittent fasting is alternate day fasting (ADF) which involves a 24-hour fast followed by a 24-hour non-fasting period. This is sometimes referred to as every other day fasting or every other day feeding plan. Alternate-day calorie restriction may prolong life span. A 2014 review which was done by Longo and Mattson shed light on intermittent fasting role in adaptive cellular responses that reduce oxidative damage and inflammation, optimize energy metabolism, and bolster cellular production. The study also showed how, chronic fasting helps to extend longevity by reprogramming metabolic and stress resistance pathways. Intermittent fasting is widely used for fitness and weight loss support in a system. These types of fasting do not recommend you anything about which type of foods you should eat. It tells you when you should eat them. Several types of intermittent fasting methods prevail now-a-days all of which are spited into day or week and into different eating periods and fasting periods. We generally fast every day while we sleep. Intermittent fasting is as simple as extending that fasting a little longer. In this plan you’re technically fasting for 16 hours every day, and restricting your eating to an 8-hour eating window. This is the most popular form of intermittent fasting, known as the 16/8 method. Despite what you may think, intermittent fasting is actually fairly easy to do. Many people report feeling better and having more energy during a fast. It can be a problem in the beginning, while your body is getting used to not eating for extended periods of time but eventually it becomes easier to adapt it. Some forms of intermittent fasting allow small amounts of low-calorie foods during the fasting period. Taking supplements is generally allowed while fasting, as long as there are no calories in diet.
Lies that you do not know about intermittent fasting
You think intermittent fasting is very good for your health. It is good but it has flaws too. Read the blog to know more about what intermittent fasting is doing to your body and what to eat when intermittent fasting.
- Intermittent fasting causes bad sleep, lack of sleep, hair loss, constant mental stress, problem in catabolism and anabolism and lot more. Once you terminate your fasting, problem will start arising.
- Intermittent fasting ceases collagen synthesis.
- Intermittent fasting also decreases protein synthesis. Protein synthesis is important for our body to grow and stimulate. Decreased rate of protein synthesis will cause hamper to our body.
- Intermittent fasting reduces bone mineralization. Thus bones tend to become weak and tissues wrinkles.
- Intermittent fasting causes negative impact on anabolism. Evidence links long-term fasting and caloric restriction to reduced anabolic capacity. Thus intermittent fasting is not totally safe. Consultant your nutrition expert to know your body type and whether you should continue intermittent fasting or not.