Obesity is a term for health. To avoid obesity and to live healthy we get into diet regimes. Losing weight with minimal effort is what we need today. First of all we need to find a diet type and diet form that will suit our body type. There are different diet plans available in market out of which liquid diet regime is a type. Quite hard a diet plan to maintain, liquid diet though effective for our body is equally harmful. This article is all about liquid diet and its effect. To know more about liquid diets read the article.
What is a liquid diet?
Liquid diet is a diet regime which allows eating foods that are liquid in nature or at-least melts at room temperature. Liquid diet restricts your calorie intake thus checking on your weight. Some liquid diets are fluid only — fruit or vegetable juices or shakes that replace all of your meals, taken three or four time a day. These programs are either do-it-yourself options type that are sold over the counter or medically supervised plans available only through doctors’ advice. These diets contains significantly reduced amount of calorie. However these weight losses can be short term and temporary. Even metabolism slows down. Researchers have found that diets that include both food and liquids can help overweight people control the number of calories they eat with liquid meals and help keep the weight off for several years.
Is liquid diet safe for your health?
The question is not what we eat during liquid diet, the question lies in is liquid diet safe to indulge in?. The answer is partially yes partially no. Why? Because nothing is perfect. Liquid diet can reduce calorie and help in losing weight but in most cases for short term. And also they are temporary. Once you get back to your normal diet, you gain back all those calories. Liquid diet misses out some essential nutrients. Your body in most cases becomes weak and fatigue. Headache, dark circles under eyes, nausea, irritating are meant to occur and you can’t resist them if you are on a liquid diet. On the other hand it helps to lose calorie in a short period of time and the results are transparent.
How liquid diets affect you?
Now you know what liquid diet is and how safe they are. But it is also important to know about the side effects of liquid diet. Read the rest part to know about the good effects and bad effects of liquid diet.
- Living on fruit juices and liquids will create protein deficiency in your body since most of the fruit juice intakes have almost no protein at all. In addition, juicing fruits and vegetables removes most of the fiber in them.
- Extracting juice from fruits most commonly removes the fiber from them .Thus when we take in those juices, it only fills our appetite but do not supply the dietary fibers that are required by our body.
- Depending on which juice or liquid a person takes in, and how many bottles of juice or glasses of liquid they drink, the calories that a person ends up consuming everyday can range from about 700 to 1,100 calories. When performed for 10 days, the low-calorie intake that comes with doing a Master Cleanse or other regime could send the body into starvation mode which means that it will try to conserve calories by slowing down metabolism, because the body is unsure when it will be fed again.
- Frequent urination happens while a person is on liquid diet. Most people would not like it because many a times they will remain busy or intact in some work or projects. You will of course not feel good if you are attending a very important meeting and you have get out of the room because you need to pee.
- The approach towards liquid diet is scientifically unfolded and also very expensive. No research study has been found about liquid diet being good for health and that juice intake for 3 days regularly whether cleanses the body. Digestion system is meant to digest food and give away the excreta, it is not meant to cleanse.