A bowl of fruit salad can lead you to healthy lifestyle. IN addition, fruits nourish your skin, keeping it soft and glowing. Fresh fruits or atleast fruit juices is required by our body for healthy system. Eat fruits that you like because all of them are healthy. In this blog we will especially discuss about the fruit Avocado, what are the health benefits of avocados, how much avocado is good avocado and how avocado should you eat daily.
Avocados have fewer carbohydrates and more real natural fats. A typical serving of avocado (100 g) is moderate to rich in several vitamins B complex and vitamin K and good content of vitamin C, Vitamin E and potassium. Avocados also contain phytosterols and cartenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin. It mainly contains mono-saturated fats which are very much required by our body. It is a good source of calcium, dietary fibers, natural fats and potassium. Also, it contains sufficient amount of water in it. Do you think avocado is high in cholesterol them you are absolutely wrong because avocado helps to decrease cholesterol level.
Health benefits of Avocados
Avocados have many health benefits. Here are 8 top benefits of avocado consumption.
- Nutrient value: Avocados have high nutritional benefits. Most health conscious people prefer avocado in their diet. It contains high amount of vitamins, minerals, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, mono-saturated fats and dietary fibers.
- They are even better than bananas: Avocados when compared to bananas have been found to contain better amount of potassium than bananas. It is typically a potassium containing food. It helps to maintain the blood pressure level in blood.
- Avocados contain fatty acids: Avocados are found to contain healthy mono-saturated fatty acids which are required by our body. Avocados and avocado oil are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid that is believed to be one of the main reasons for the health benefits of olive oil.
- Avocados contain essential dietary fibers: Dietary fibers are required by our body for proper growth and nourishment. Avocados tend to be high in fiber, about 7% by weight, which is very high compared to most other foods. Fiber can have various important benefits for weight loss and metabolic health.
- Avocados decreases cholesterol level: Most of middle aged people suffer cholesterol problem. Avocado can be a blessing to them. Numerous studies have shown benefits of avocados in lowering the risk of heart attacks and lower the cholesterol level in the body.
- Avocados make you healthy: With so many foods, food components and food supplements, we generally seem to get confused what to eat and what not to eat. Avocados is recommended by most doctors and nutrition experts as it contains high dietary fibers, high water content, high potassium contents and also contains enough amount of vitamins required by our body. It lowers the risk of metabolic syndrome.
- Avocados contain natural fats: We generally avoid eating fat. But there are certain fats which are required by our body. Like mono-saturated fatty acids. Studies have shown that eating avocado or avocado oil with veggies can dramatically increase the amount of antioxidants you take in.
- Avocados even improve your eyesight: Avocados are found to have shown to improve eye sight in human. Avocados are high in antioxidants, including Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients are very important for eye health and lower the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
Avocados also prevent cancer and growth of cancer producing cells.
How the question is though Avocado is so good for health, too much intake would not be good though. Then how much avocado is needed by your body?
Depending on size eating one or two avocado every day is sufficient to supply you all nutrients. Avocados fruits alone are self sufficient to supply as your sole fruit of the fruit if taken regularly. There are different ways to eat avocados. Italian style of avocado shake with chocolate syrup is one of the most famous ways to consume avocados. There are other ways too. Avocado juice can also be extracted for consumption.