Kidney is that organ of your body which filters blood. Our body contains a pair of kidney located at the back side of the abdomen which one of which is 5 inches long. Kidneys help the blood to waste and regulate the blood balance all throughout the body. It also regulates the balance of electrolytes in our body. What happens when kidney stops its work? Medical science has discovered a number of kidney related problem which even causes rumination of your body system. Kidney excretes out waste material from our body. If kidney dis-functions of course the system will fail. Let’s learn how to take care of our kidney and how to cleanse them amazingly.
Some kidney related diseases
- Hypotension– Occurs due to low blood pressure.
- Anemia– condition of having less number of red blood cells than normal.
- Swollen ankles and feet– This condition arises due to over consumption of alcohol, medicines, and drugs and even due to unhygienic kidney.
- Kidney pain– It occurs due to pain, injury, trauma or bleeding disorders.
- Hypertension– occurs due to high blood pressure.
- Chronic renal failure–A permanent partial loss of kidney function. Diabetes and high blood pressure are the most common causes.
- Glomerulonephritis– An overactive immune system may attack the kidney, causing inflammation and some damage. Blood and protein in the urine are common problems that occur with glomerulonephritis. It can also result in kidney failure.
- Kidney stones– Minerals in urine form crystals (stones), which may grow large enough to block urine flow. It’s considered one of the most painful conditions. Most kidney stones pass on their own but some are too large and need to be treated.
- Nephrotic Syndrome– Damage to the kidneys causes them to spill large amounts of protein into the urine. Leg swelling (edema) may be a symptom.
- Acute renal failure– A sudden worsening in kidney function. Dehydration, a blockage in the urinary tract, or kidney damage can cause acute renal failure, which may be reversible.
- Kidney Cancer– Renal cell carcinoma is the most common cancer affecting the kidney. Smoking is the most common cause of kidney cancer.
- Diabetic Nephropatic– High blood sugar from diabetes progressively damages the kidneys, eventually causing chronic kidney disease. Protein in the urine (nephrotic syndrome) may also result.
Foods that harm your kidney
Kidney eliminates the toxins from our body. Any mislead towards kidney can lead any of the above stated diseases. But you can take precautions. There are certain kinds of foods which can cause damage to your kidney. These following foods and food components actually harm your kidneys, especially when consumed in large quantities and some of them may a surprise you. Read the article to know more about it……..
- Meat and dairy products– Animal proteins are dangerous for your kidney but when consumed excessively.
- Caffeine– Caffeine is good for our body but excessive consumption is not. Caffeine contains stimulants and if your kidney is already taxed, caffeine can increase the risk of renal failure and can also cause kidney stones.
- Artificial sweeteners– we generally use artificial sweeteners like Aspartame and saccharine in place of fructose and other natural sugar to check on our diet. But these sweeteners formerly caused kidney damage.
- Diet Colas/ cold drinks– Stop drinking sodas cans like cold drinks for pleasure and cool you down. There are other ways to cool you. Colas contain artificial stuffs like sweeteners and flavors which causes kidney stones and other kidney diseases.
- Salts– Yes salts can damage your kidney. Table salt contains 40% sodium. Eat salt for taste but not directly. Avoid eating raw salts and always use salt that is iodinated.
Now we know enough about our kidney, what causes kidney damage and even what food causes kidney malfunction. But important is how to cleanse kidney. Read the next part to know how to cleanse your kidney amazingly.
Ways to clean your kidney
1. Health diet is all that is needed to keep everything in place. Here are some foods that can cleanse your kidney
freshly squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice
A Lemon or Lime wedge squeeze in a glass of purified water
Blueberries and Cranberries
Cooking with Ginger and Turmeric
Garnish salads and meals with Parsley
2. Herbal formulas to cleanse your kidney
- Hydrangea(roots): It is a remedy to kidney stones. It smoothens the edges of the stones thus diminishing its shape and size
- Goldenrod(root): It cures urinary disorders. It tightens urinary tissues and strengthens them.
- Marshmallow (roots): They gently supports kidneys and removes urine disorders. It purifies the urinary system.
- Uva Ursi: It is an herbal species which cleanses kidney naturally. It encourages clean and gently urinary tract and also cures bladder problems.
- Gravel roots– It is a herbal remedy to kidney. It dissolves the toxins and excretes them out of the body
3. Drink sufficient amount of water. Water is a natural cleanser. Intake of water dissolves all toxins and excretes them out of the body. Drink at least 4 to 5 liters of water a day. It not also cleanses your kidney but also purifies your skin.
4. Home-made kidney cleaning beverages- Herbal tea, Cranberry juice, watermelon, lemon juice- these are some beverages. Try one of them every day for a purified and cleaned kidney.
Moreover, while cleansing your kidney, you need to check on certain things. Stop smoking cigarettes and reduce alcohol consumption. Also in addition to it, avoid eating pain killers and pain reliefs. They cause damage to your kidney and also harm your liver as well.