Do you know dieting is the simplest and most natural way to lose weight? The daily calorie intake of your body leads to excess fat build up in your body. When you intake high-calorie food items, the amount of fat built up in your body increases consistently. Hence, you can easily change your food habits to lose weight by reducing caloric intake. However, you cannot lose weight simply by eating diet foods or skipping meals. Your weight loss plan must focus on determining the amount of calories required by your body to function smoothly, and convert the calorie surplus into calorie deficit. Also, you have to include a variety of weight loss friendly foods and remove high-calorie foods from your regular diet to lose weight by reducing caloric intake.
5 Simple Diet Changes to Reduce Caloric Intake and Lose Weight
1) Track Your Daily Caloric Intake When you decide to lose weight through dieting, it becomes essential to avoid consuming extra calories. You have to monitor your daily caloric intake to convert the calorie surplus into calorie deficit. The entire process involves three simple steps – determine your daily calorie requirements, intake the right amount of calorie, and burn additional calories. You can use an online or offline calorie tracker to decide the amount of calories your body needs and track the caloric intake on a regular basis. Also, you can refer to the information packaging to determine the calorie content of individual food items.
2) Identify Weight Loss Friendly Foods The caloric content of individual food items differs. You must include the food items with lower caloric content in your regular diet to prevent fat build up in the body. A number of studies have shown the effectiveness of whole eggs, salmon, tuna, lean meat/chicken, cruciferous vegetables, leafy greens, beans, cottage cheese, nuts and whole grains in losing weight. Most of these items contain a decent amount of protein, vitamin and healthy fats. You can refer to various online sources to gather information about various
3) Avoid Fatty and Unhealthy Food Items In addition to monitoring your daily caloric intake, you also need to make some simple changes to your daily diet to prevent calorie surplus. You must make it a practice to eat nutritious foods only when you are hungry. Likewise, you also need to stop eating food once you your stomach is comfortably full. You can even consider eating small and nutritious meals each hour instead of eating heavy meals. At the same time, you also need to analyze your daily diet, and remove the food items with more caloric content. For instance, you must avoid delicious but calorie-heavy food items like white breads, candy bars, sugary soft drinks, ice cream, pastries, cookies, French fries, potato chips and alcohol.
4) Drink Green Tea A number of studies have shown that coffee, tea, and other caffeinated diet beverages lead to weight gain. Likewise, you also need to avoid alcoholic beverages to avoid gaining extra pounds. You can always consider replacing the caffeinated and alcoholic beverages with a healthy beverage like green tea. Several studies have shown the effectiveness of green tea in burning fat and accelerating weight loss. Also, green tea will decrease fat production and accelerate fat burning by providing a significant amount of caffeine and catechins. You can simply drink 2 or 3 cups of green tea on a daily basis to lose weight naturally. You can even consider making green tea a part of your daily diet to prevent fat generation.
5) Don’t Skip Meals While making changes to your daily diet, you must focus extensively on adding weight loss friendly food items and remove unhealthy food items. Your dietary plan must not focus on skipping meals or eating only low calorie foods. You must remember that your body needs a specific amount of calories consistently to function smoothly. If you reduce the number of meals or eat only weight loss friendly foods, your body will enter into starvation mode. Hence, you must make it a practice to take three meals a day to stay healthy, fit and active. But you need to ensure that each meal must contain adequate protein and fiber to support your muscle growth and bodily activities. You can always lose weight naturally by making changes to your daily diet. But you may not lose weight quickly only through low-calorie diets. Hence, you must complement the dietary changes with a rigorous exercise regime to burn the unwanted calories quickly. Also, you have option to make changes to your diet based on the advice of a dietician or physician. We will love to know about other diet changes that helped you to lose weight within a short amount of time.